Litt skuffet, trenger jeg mer RAM?

Diskuter de nyeste spillene

Litt skuffet, trenger jeg mer RAM?

Innleggav iPal » fre 15.04.2005 13:33

Spiller COD United Offensive, og i det første brettet hakker det irriterende mye. Sikkert et grafikkintensivt brett, men trodde jeg hadde et relativt bra grafikkort. Har ikke kjøpt den ultimate spillemaskinen, men med 128MB VRAM hadde jeg trodd det ville gå mer smooth.

Nå er det slik at jeg ikke har fått kjøpt mer minne enda og har kun 512 for øyeblikket. Planen er å kjøpe en 1GB brikke så snart økonomien tillater det. Har RAMen noe å si for spilling?

Brukerens avatar
medlem i 236 måneder

Innleggav NyZeta » fre 15.04.2005 14:04

Du kommer nok til å merke litt der ja. men det som som regel er problemet er hastigheten på harddisken din.

Brukerens avatar
medlem i 234 måneder

Innleggav thomasb » fre 15.04.2005 14:07

Hvordan er grafikkinnstillingene dine satt opp i CoD?

Administrator
Brukerens avatar
medlem i 248 måneder

Innleggav iPal » fre 15.04.2005 14:08

Den interne disken er på 5400. Hva med å kjøre spillet fra en ekstern 7200 disk med fw 800. Ville det gjøre noen forskjell?

Brukerens avatar
medlem i 236 måneder

Innleggav thomasb » fre 15.04.2005 14:12

Det vil nok gjøre litt forskjell å kjøre det fra ekstern harddisk med fw800 ja :)

Apple skrev:Another important consideration is memory (RAM). In order to speed performance, games tend to store frequently used data in memory. This helps avoid extensive access of the hard drive or the CD. It also helps avoid the use of virtual memory, which treats the hard drive as a segment of memory. Unfortunately, it takes longer to access data from the hard drive than from memory, and if the game must resort to using virtual memory, it will certainly take a performance hit. The bottom line is that the more memory you have, the more reliable the game performance. RAM: The more the better.

http://www.apple.com/games/gettingstarted/upgrade/

Administrator
Brukerens avatar
medlem i 248 måneder

Innleggav iPal » fre 15.04.2005 14:14

thomasb skrev:Hvordan er grafikkinnstillingene dine satt opp i CoD?

Har ikke gjort noen forandringer. Kjører default. Hva burde jeg slå av/stille lavere?

Brukerens avatar
medlem i 236 måneder

Innleggav thomasb » fre 15.04.2005 14:24

Prøv å sette oppløsningen til: 1280 x 854
Ellers er det bare å prøve å sette forskjellige innstillinger i "Options" -> Grahpics/Performance

Hentet fra CoD Read Me :)

Making the most of Call of Duty on the Mac
Call of Duty supports several features that take advantage of all the Mac has to offer. Here are some ways to maximize your enjoyment of the game on your Mac. Some of these involve entering commands into the Call of Duty console. You can bring down this console by hitting tilde (`) on US keyboards. On foreign keyboards, it is likely the key found above the TAB key. For these console commands, do not enter the quotes around the command itself.

Improving Performance
For performance reasons, Call of Duty turns off wall marks and dynamic lighting by default. If you prefer having these on, you can re-enable them inside the game. Also, if you turn off the lens flare effect you can reduce frame rate drops when looking in the direction of the of the sun & moon. To turn off lens flare, type the command "set r_flares 0" in the CoD console (accessed by hitting '~' once it has been turned on in the Options->Save/Interact menu.

Full-screen Anti-aliasing (FSAA)
FSAA smoothes out the rough edges on some of the screen geometry for a more polished appearance. Depending on your other video settings and the type of graphics card, this may carry a performance penalty, so you might have to tweak your settings to arrive at an enjoyable middle ground. The means to enable it is different depending on if you have an ATi card (Radeon) or nVidia card (GeForce).

On ATI cards, enter the following command in the CoD console: "seta r_ati_fsaa_samples #" where # is 1, 2 or 4. 1 means disable FSAA whereas 4 is the highest level of smoothing.

On nVidia cards, enter the following command in the CoD console: "seta r_nv_fsaa_samples #", where # is 0, 2 or 4. 0 means disable FSAA whereas 4 is the highest level of smoothing. Additionally, nVidia cards support a feature called 'Quincunx FSAA" that allows for a sometimes better level of smoothing without a significant performance penalty, when used in conjunction with r_nv_fsaa_samples set at 2 or 4. To enable or disable this Quincunx mode, use this console command: "seta r_nv_quincunx #" where # is 0 (off) or 1 (on). For FSAA on nVidia cards, you need to restart the video subsystem for the change to take effect. You can do so with the following command in the CoD console: "vid_restart"

Running the game on a widescreen monitor
Normally, when playing Call of Duty on a widescreen monitor, the game may stretch to fill the entire width of the monitor (in some versions of the MacOS, it leaves black bands). To run the game at a widescreen resolution, bring down the CoD console and enter the following commands:

"seta r_customwidth #" where # is the width (X) of the resolution you wish to use.
"seta r_customheight #" where # is the height (Y) of the resolution you wish to use.
"seta r_mode -1"

After doing this, you'll need to restart the video subsystem for the change to take effect. Do this with the following console command: "vid_restart"

Problem: How should I set the video settings for best performance for my video card?
Solution: Call of Duty uses a lot of detailed textures, and in the normal course of play works best with at least 32M-64M of VRAM on your video card. You can enable texture compression to alleviate some performance problems with the console command "seta r_ext_compress_textures #" where # is 1 (on) or 0 (off). Note that while texture compression increases framerates, it also increases the amount of time it takes to load a level, as that is when the textures are compressed and submitted to the video card.Texture compression also introduces visible artifacts in the main menu and UI, so it is disabled by default.

Administrator
Brukerens avatar
medlem i 248 måneder

Innleggav iPal » fre 15.04.2005 14:29

Takk thomasb, jeg leser aldri instruksjonsbøker. Tilhenger av prøve og feile metoden. Av og til veldig dumt ;)

Brukerens avatar
medlem i 236 måneder

Innleggav thomasb » fre 15.04.2005 14:41

Det kan hende det er dumt å sette oppløsningen til 1280 x 854, da vil det kanskje bare hakke mer :) Du får prøve deg frem. Jeg synes i hvert fall det er veldig fint å se alt i widescreen 8)

Administrator
Brukerens avatar
medlem i 248 måneder

Returner til Spill

Hvem er i Forumene

Registrerte brukere: Google [Bot]