All files gone, OS X Yosemite 10.10.2

All files gone, OS X Yosemite 10.10.2

Innleggav figure_02 » man 16.02.2015 18:56

Hello, sorry that this is in english, but my norwegian is not very good. Hope thats okay.

I have a HUGE problem I hope someone can help me with. A couple of days ago I turned my Macbook Air on (OS X Yosemite 10.10.2), and saw that the desktop photos had changed to standard ones. I thought this was odd, but didn't think more about it before I was trying to find a Pages file I had saved in my documents, and it was missing. I roamed through all my folders and subfolders which where all there, but the actual files were missing (all the folders were completely empty). They are not in the trash either. This is ALL the files in my documents, both .pdf and .pages and .jpgs. For some reason my iPhoto library and my music files are still there, but not anything else. I can't see any reason why this suddenly happened. Any ideas? And how can I restore these files? I don't have any backup since my external hard drive crashed a few weeks ago. So its pretty serious...
medlem i 169 måneder

Re: All files gone, OS X Yosemite 10.10.2

Innleggav djxfade » lør 21.02.2015 17:54

If its really important files, and you have the money, contact IBAS immediately

Brukerens avatar
medlem i 191 måneder

Innleggav Stereo Mac » lør 21.02.2015 21:13

Are you logged into the right account? Random Q is random.

Brukerens avatar
medlem i 156 måneder

Innleggav figure_02 » lør 21.02.2015 23:28

Im logged into the right account yes. IBAS is quite a bit over my price range... When I check the folders for "last updated" they all have the same date and time. So something happened to all of them simultaneously.
medlem i 169 måneder

Innleggav Morse » søn 22.02.2015 5:56

Make yourself a bootable USB stick, then install

http://www.macupdate.com/app/mac/11707/diskwarrior

on it. Has saved the bacon for many...

Brukerens avatar
medlem i 163 måneder

Returner til MacBook Air

Hvem er i Forumene

Registrerte brukere: Google [Bot]